Friday, October 23, 2009

In Loving Memory


We are sad to announce the passing away of our beloved Patches & PePe.
October 2, 2009


It was on a cool sunny day (only 95 degrees) and I thought it was time for the guinea pigs to enjoy the outdoors and cooler weather. So I put them out in the backyard, which was in the shade at the time. When I came home from school, I looked out my kitchen window to see both of them, belly up and stiff. I was shocked and ran out to see what had happened. They were in full sun by this time, but it really wasn't too hot. I don't know, they both were dead and I was so upset and didn't know how to tell the girls. After talking with our personal family vet, he didn't think it could've been the sun, maybe something startled them and they died of a heart attack. We really don't know how they died, but it was a very sad day for the girls.
We had Patches & PePe for 2 years. We will never forget all hours trying to catch them in our backyard and hearing them call to us every morning when we came down the stairs begging for food. We would always take them to the park and let them run around on Sunday afternoons to see which pig could run up the hill first. We just had a lot of fun with them.

1 comment:

D3AB said...

I am so sorry about your hamsters! What a heartbreak. I love how pets can be a part of the family so quickly. I hope you guys can find some new ones that will mean just as much.