BATTER - UP!
Raychel really wanted to play softball this year, so we signed her up.
She was on a great team of girls and had fun playing and learning all the rules and plays. Well, one night while playing a game, (May 4th) she stole third base and slide into home. It didn't go quite well and she landed wrong on her knee. You could tell from the minute of impact that it really hurt. She was in pain and had a huge cut on the top of her knee. We patched up the cut and she finished the game. The next day, there was a super huge bruise and she tore some muscles. The week went by and we treated the cut pretty good, but the swelling and brusing was still there. Finally, by Sunday night it was still hurting and I decided to take her into the doctors to look at it. She immediately sent us to the emergency room to have x-rays and blood work done. She was afraid that it might be septic infection. Raych and I spent the day on Monday in the ER and they admitted us that night for IV Antibiotic treatments. (the test was negative for septic, yea!)
I think we are through with Softball Season and I am not quite sure we will try it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment