OUR NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY!
What a big surprise when Monday afternoon, (November 24th) I
happened to look into the cage and found a little baby
Guinea Pig. Cinnamon apparently was pregnant when we
bought her from the store. Raychel had been saying for
a couple weeks that she was looking really, really fat. I just shrugged off her comments because she is a "pig" and they do eat a lot, but that Sunday night, she felt her belly and said something was definately wrong with her because she had a hard lump. I finally agreed that something wasn't right and was going to call Uncle Eric in the morning and have him stop by to check her out for us. (We love Dr. Jackman) The mystery was solved the next day and we now have this cute little new baby Guinea Pig named Nutmeg. We have our spice girls: Cinnamon, Ginger (Haylee's Guinea Pig, and Nutmeg) They are so much fun to have around. We couldn't believe how big Nutmeg was when she was born. The picture is on the actual day. She had all that hair and started running around and eating that same day. I couldn't believe that Cinnamon could've actually carried such a huge baby.
What a big surprise when Monday afternoon, (November 24th) I
happened to look into the cage and found a little baby
Guinea Pig. Cinnamon apparently was pregnant when we
bought her from the store. Raychel had been saying for
a couple weeks that she was looking really, really fat. I just shrugged off her comments because she is a "pig" and they do eat a lot, but that Sunday night, she felt her belly and said something was definately wrong with her because she had a hard lump. I finally agreed that something wasn't right and was going to call Uncle Eric in the morning and have him stop by to check her out for us. (We love Dr. Jackman) The mystery was solved the next day and we now have this cute little new baby Guinea Pig named Nutmeg. We have our spice girls: Cinnamon, Ginger (Haylee's Guinea Pig, and Nutmeg) They are so much fun to have around. We couldn't believe how big Nutmeg was when she was born. The picture is on the actual day. She had all that hair and started running around and eating that same day. I couldn't believe that Cinnamon could've actually carried such a huge baby.
It has been a while since I have blogged, but we ended up giving Nutmeg to our friends. Our cage wasn't big enough for 3 Guinea Pigs, and we were leaving for Christmas vacation and found out that Nutmeg was a boy. We weren't prepared, (or Rob said "NO WAY" ) to breeding Guinea Pigs.

1 comment:
That is too funny! What a big surprise...they sure are cute! I bet the girls just love holding and loving on them.
Post a Comment