Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Running the 5 K



So far the past few months, I have been running in the mornings with my good friend Alysa Whitlock. She has inspired me that running isn't such a bad thing. I actually like doing it. Every year on Thanksgiving morning a local charity sponsors a 5 K run. I made it a goal to get ready and try it. Of course Kylee wanted to join, she is in great shape all the time and Raychel, who we call our "gazelle" tried it also. Rob backed out on this one, so maybe next year.
We had such a great time. What a thrill to start and complete the race. We had many friends race along with us, which made it a party at the end. Raychel and I crossed the finish line in 31 minutes. I know she would've been quicker, but she was so sweet to stay with her mom in case she had a heart attack. I think I am addicted to racing and look forward training for another one.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: