Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Desert Backyard


Our house is on the outer edge of the develop that leads into the desert. There is a huge man made sand burm. So for fun, we drop a ladder behind our wall and climb over to hike up the hill and into a vast desert landscape. Yes, that is Grandma attempting the climb. The bottom left picture is a top view from the burm into our backyard. We discovered some Palm Tree Oasis about 3 miles up the desert scape and have made many trips up there. You have to come visit and we will take you there, it is absolutely gorgeous. Rob and Kylee will often climb the wall and go jogging along the top edge of the burm. The only thing missing in this picture is a swimming pool. We had to give that up when we moved. We will have to find other means to cool off this summer that's for sure!
P.S. Can I just say that I love Palm Trees! I just do!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: