Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Best Friends Ever!

The Steven's Family

It's not often that you meet a family who is so compatible with yours, but we found the most cherished friends with the Steven's. Vaughn, Sharon, Shendra & Dallen were the best friends to us all. About 3 years ago, Sharon called me one day and asked if I would teach her children piano lessons. I immediately took them on, then found out later that they were members of the Palm Desert Ward. What luck! The kids went to the same school, then they moved into our ward. So between school, church and piano lessons, we became instant companions. Shendra and Raychel were inseparable, Dallen and Haylee were best of buds. The four played so good together. They spent hours playing in the mud, swimming together, you name it, they played it!

Shendra and Raychel doing homework!
Haylee & Dallen
It was a very sad day for me when Sharon called to say they were moving to Colorado. I couldn't believe it. How could they just leave us? I was being so self fish. We had our weekly luncheon with the girls on Tuesdays! What about piano lessons? They were my best students. I didn't want to lose them. Then we had our date nights, where we would take turns watching the kids while we went out on Friday nights. She was my emotional support and one who would just listen when I needed an extra ear. After drying off the tears, I realized that it was a good thing for them to move onto better opportunities in Colorado and I am very happy for them. I just want them to know that they will be missed and thank them for being such great friends.

No comments: