Thursday, September 11, 2008

JUST SIT STILL!

Here is the story... Haylee has the hardest time sitting still when practicing her piano. It takes her at least an hour to practice her songs. She will start to play a piece, then gets up to get a drink of water. After returning to the piano, she plays the song again, then runs off to see what Raychel is doing. It drives me nuts. So last night I decided to tie her to the piano bench to keep her from getting up when practicing. Yes that is an extension cord because I couldn't find any rope. However, she was still able to lay down on the bench and take a break from playing her songs. Next time, I will have to tie the knots harder-jk. We had a good laugh.

4 comments:

Shannan said...

Even though I was there when you wrote this, I still laughed out loud when reading it again at home. I say, whatever works!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

She sounds exactly like my Madison. I'll have to try this tactic at home. See how wonderful blogging can be. You've taught us all new tricks :)

Scott, Lisa, Austin and Allie said...

Ha! I'll have to let you borrow our booster seat with straps! I'm pretty sure it would work on a piano bench. I love your blog--just wait--you'll get hooked. That's why I've left the blogging up to Scott. Love you all!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hahahahaha. That is thinking on your toes. What would we do without those flashes of momma inspiration?